Research Funding and Grants
We have funding available for research projects and invite researchers in the field of cancer to submit grant applications for funding of the following projects/programmes:
- Type A projects – Aimed at MBChB and PhD cancer researchers based at South African universities and research organisations.
- Type B projects – Research conceptualised and conducted by us, sometimes in collaboration with other institutions. Projects are focused on reducing public exposure to cancer risks.
- Type C projects – Research conceptualised and conducted by us, sometimes in collaboration with other institutions. Projects relate to optimising services to cancer patients and addressing their needs.
- Type D projects – Projects funded by us and usually take the form of a partnership between us and one or more research institution with the objective of combining resources to achieve a common goal. Such projects have budgets in the region of R1 million.
- Type E projects – Projects are aimed at building the capacity of South African cancer researchers through funding or co-funding of symposia and congresses on cancer research as well as travel grants of researchers presenting at research conferences or attending training locally and internationally.
This section of CANSA Research provides information for our grantees and for research administrators involved in CANSA Research grant management. Click here for Grant reporting forms and instructions, Application forms and Rules & regulations.
- Ask a question or make a comment regarding our research funding in the box at the bottom of this page.
- Read more about our research here.