Home-based care is a collaboration between professional CANSA staff members and our trained Patient Care Volunteers. Through this service we are empowering communities to take ownership of their own health and to care for their cancer patients.
It is hard walking this journey on your own. CANSA is here to support and guide you through this process.
This service focuses on appropriate care and comfort of cancer patients, through access to health and support facilities, volunteer services and the participation of empowered family members, through CANSA’s Family and Friends Care Course.
Through the mobilisation of role players, resources and volunteers, patients receive cost-effective, quality home-based care including:
- Psychological care and support
- Home visits and emotional support
- Training for practical care and support
- Family counselling and coping skills
- End of life counselling
Please note that services are limited geographically, so please enquire at your local CANSA Care Centre to find out what is available in your community.
* If care at home is not a good option, we have alternate services that can assist you and your family.