Home-based care is a collaboration between professional CANSA staff members and our trained Patient Care Volunteers. Through this service we are empowering communities to take ownership of their own health and to care for their cancer patients.
It is hard walking this journey on your own. CANSA is here to support and guide you through this process.
This service focuses on appropriate care and comfort of cancer patients, through access to health and support facilities, volunteer services and the participation of empowered family members, through CANSA’s Family and Friends Care Course.
Through the mobilisation of role players, resources and volunteers, patients receive cost-effective, quality home-based care including:
- Psychological care and support (including family counselling and coping skills)
- Guidance palliative care / pain management
- Training for practical care and support
- Home visits
- End of life counselling
- Dorothy du Plooy email@example.com (Eastern Cape | Southern Cape | Northern Cape | Western Cape | Free State)
- Olivia Curlewis firstname.lastname@example.org (Gauteng | North West | Limpopo | Mpumalanga | KZN)
* If care at home is not a practical option, CANSA has alternate services that can assist you and your family.