You may be facing:
- constant stress;
- experiencing feelings of fear, anger or guilt;
- dealing with a lack of sleep;
- being concerned regarding finances for treatment & day-to-day living expenses;
- being anxious or confused regarding treatment options;
- worrying about other siblings / family members;
- not sure if you will cope with work, or if your employer will be supportive;
- dealing with well meant, but insensitive responses to what you & your family are going through
- or dealing with rejection by your community due to myths regarding cancer
This can be overwhelming and we would like to invite you to join our Facebook support group, CANSA TLC – Childhood Cancer Support, where we can offer guidance and encouragement & where you will meet other parents / guardians / loved ones walking this road.
We would also like to make you aware of our CANSA TLC (Tough Living with Cancer) service offering to support children / teens and families affected by cancer (a family member has cancer), including our TLC facilities (accommodation for parents of children receiving treatment / TLC Support Rooms) – read more about this here…
You can also find useful information regarding Childhood Cancer in our fact sheets.
CANSA is committed to connecting people facing cancer with information, day-to-day help as well as emotional support they need in the communities where they live. Our aim is to ensure that cancer Survivors (patients) and their loved ones don’t have to face cancer alone; we’re here to support them through every step of their cancer journey.*
* The responsibility rests with patients’ parents / guardians to contact CANSA for assistance. CANSA is not informed of any diagnoses / of patients being treated at medical centres. Family need to obtain permission from parents or guardians of patients, before CANSA may contact them. Read more…
Let’s take hands and fight Childhood Cancer together!
Vera van Dalen (CANSA TLC Co-ordinator)
Cell: 082 073 2850 (office hours)
Anina Meiring, email: email@example.com