We are one of the very few public funded organisations in South Africa that has sustainable funding for research. The funds are currently used across five research programmes categorised Type A, B, C, D and E.
- Type A projects : Aimed at MBChB and PhD cancer researchers based at South African universities and research organisations.
- Type B projects : Research conceptualised and conducted by us, sometimes in collaboration with other institutions. Projects are focused on reducing public exposure to cancer risks.
- Type C projects : Research conceptualised and conducted by us, sometimes in collaboration with other institutions. Projects relate to optimising services to cancer patients and addressing their needs.
- Type D projects : Projects funded by us and usually take the form of a partnership between us and one or more research institution with the objective of combining resources to achieve a common goal. Such projects have budgets in the region of R1 million.
- Type E projects : Projects are aimed at building the capacity of South African cancer researchers through funding or co-funding of symposia and congresses on cancer research as well as travel grants of researchers presenting at research conferences or attending training locally and internationally.
Click here to make a secure online donation to support our research projects or make a direct deposit to:
Account: CANSA Research
Account number: 4079965964
Reference: Type A, B, C, D or E Research (the project you choose to support).
Please email Proof of Payment to Research@cansa.org.za