Videos: Healthy Recipes by Be-Well CANSA Seal of Recognition Partner
Healthy recipes by Be-Well, CANSA Seal of Recognition partner:
Poached Aubergine Fish Curry Recipe
Poached Aubergine and Fish* Curry
A super hearty and delicious meal, packed with anti-inflammatory superfoods. Omega-3 from B-well Canola Oil and the fatty fish, poached with fibre-rich aubergine in a spice-infused tomato.
*Vegan option available below
Time: 45 min
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp B-well Pure Canola Oil
- 6 small aubergines, cut the cap off and then cross slice the lengthwise without cutting through to create a flower shape
- 450 g of mackerel / tuna / herring / salmon / trout, cut in pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tomatoes, blanched and chopped or 1 tin of blanched / chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- handful coriander, destemmed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp chilli paste (chilli, ginger, garlic)
- ½-1 tsp paprika, as preferred
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garam masala
- quarter of a lemon
- ½ tsp salt
How to make:
- Heat up the B-well Pure Canola Oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and once they start spluttering, add the cumin seeds and curry leaves. Cook for a minute.
- Then add the paprika, turmeric and garam masala. Stir to mix, then add the chopped onion and garlic to braise.
- Once onions are browned, add a splash of water to soften and allow to reduce for a minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Keep stirring and flattening tomato bits with the back of the spoon to help break down.
- Drop the aubergine in, coat in the spiced tomato curry, allow to cook and simmer for 25 min with the lid on.
- Then add the fish pieces and cook for 10 min, until the flavours are absorbed.
- Squirt the lemon over the fish pieces and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with a generous handful of fresh coriander, serve and enjoy!
- Best served with some savoury brown rice or on top of a roasted sweet potato.
- Serve with fresh yoghurt and some cucumber to cool the heat.
- For vegan curry, one can also swop the fish for potatoes for a traditional aubergine and potato curry. Add the potatoes with the aubergine in step 4.
Green Power Ranger Soup
Green Power Ranger Soup
There are few groups of power plants that can compare to the Brassica family, consisting mostly of Leafy greens, cruciferous veg and our B-WELL Canola oil. Most are loaded with antioxidants, high levels of Vitamin C, A, E, K, calcium, iron, folate, potassium and phosphorus, as well as phytonutrients, glucosinolates. Glucosinolates have been shown to have anti-viral, antibiotic and anti-fungal activity in the body.
- Brassicas: B-WELL Canola Oil, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach/Kale
- Garlic: Natural anti-viral, anti-microbial
- Onions: Packed with Selenium, zinc and Vit. C. Natural anti-viral, anti-histamine and strong antioxidants.
Time: 35 minutes minimum
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tbsp B-WELL Canola Oil
- 1 head Broccoli, separate florets
- 1 head Cauliflower, separate florets
- 1 handful Spinach / Kale
- 3 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 6 Medium / Small Zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp Vegan Veggie Stock (see the stock recipe in our B-well Smart Choice Cookbook)
- Boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 can Coconut milk lite or crème fraiche (optional)
- 4 cubed skinless chicken breasts for an extra protein boost.
How to Make:
- In a Large Pot, Heat the B-WELL Canola Oil on Medium-High heat and add the chopped onions
- Braise the onions till light brown and blush, then add the garlic and stir well to allow flavours to release
- Add enough water to cover the onions, then add the chopped zucchini, allow to cook and slightly braise till soft.
- Add the stock to a cup of boiled water until diluted and add to the pot.
- Now add in the florets of broccoli and cauliflower and the chopped spinach / kale.
- Add another cup of boiling water. (optional: Add Pre-Braised skinless chicken cubes)
- Reduce the heat to medium and replace the lid of the pot.
- Allow veggies to cook and soften completely for at least 5 mins, the remove lid and allow soup to reduce slightly for another 5 mins.
- Using a hand blender (preferably) or a standard blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add soup back onto medium heat and stir in the coconut milk or crème fraiche.
- Allow to cook for another 5 mins.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Enjoy the luscious texture and incredible flavour profiles that tingle your senses and give your health a well-deserved boost.
More Recipes from B-Well
Find more healthy recipes in the B-Well Smart Choice Cookbook…