Update Charlotte Maxeke
18 May 2021: Gauteng Provincial Department of Health: Following assessment and investigations undertaken over the past weeks at Charlotte Maxeke to ensure that there is compliance in all areas related to both staff and patient safety, diversion of services has been extended to different facilities in Gauteng.
Our oncology clinics, both radiation and medical oncology were able to access some of the patient records and services are provided at Steve Biko for radiation oncology and Chris Hani Bara for medical oncology.
If you are struggling to get through on the above mentioned channels, please inform email@example.com and we will assist you.
Chris Hani Bara Hospital (Haem / Oncology Clinic):
- Medical Oncology (Chemotherapy – Wednesday)
- Medical Oncology (Chemotherapy – Friday)
- Renal Transplant (Thursday)
Medical Oncology Patients:
- All new patients must be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patients already on treatment to call 011 933 9915 to confirm appointment.
- Capacity to treat 60 booked patients
- Only 10 walk in patients permitted in special circumstances.
- Only 3 days per week – Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- Cut off time for arrival at clinic 10h00.
Steve Biko Academic:
- Radiation Oncology
- Booked patients: Daily radiation therapy will be reviewed as the hospital is operational.
- Emergencies: Treated at Steve Biko Academic Hospital
- Inpatients: Admitted at Steve Biko Academic Hospital
- Outpatients: Non-emergency patients for follow up appointments will be contacted once the services resume.
- Collection of medication: To collect the nearest hospital