CANSA Mobile Health Clinics & MANVan
CANSA has six Mobile Health Clinics travelling to remote areas throughout South Africa to reach women and men who would otherwise not have access to screening, and a CANSA Hollard MANVan.
CANSA Mobile Health Clinics
- Dorothy du Plooy firstname.lastname@example.org (Eastern Cape | Southern Cape | Northern Cape | Western Cape | Free State)
- Olivia Curlewis email@example.com (Gauteng | North West | Limpopo | Mpumalanga | KZN)
CANSA Hollard MANVan
The CANSA MANVan, in partnership with Hollard, provides a mobile health clinic that delivers free health checks and cancer awareness sessions directly to communities across South Africa. This is a unique, one of a kind offering targeting men.
The MANVan is a compact mobile clinic which can access remote venues to provide education, awareness and screening offerings to individuals. The programme empowers the man in the street to lower his cancer risk and to support the diagnosed prostate and testicular cancer patients to take control of their own cancer journey.
The MANVan is operational in the Gauteng | North West | Limpopo.
- Olivia Curlewis firstname.lastname@example.org (Gauteng | North West | Limpopo)
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar level
- BMI and a body composition analysis
- PSA blood test*
- Skin scanner analysis – FotoFinder skin screening ( on request)
- Health awareness sessions offering advice on improving health and providing information on the early signs and symptoms of various cancers
* PSA is a protein produced by both cancerous (malignant) and non-cancerous (benign) prostate tissue. High PSA levels may indicate inflammation of the prostate or even cancer. A blood test can establish if PSA levels are raised. Read more about PSA screening & how to interpret test results…
Tests at Daredevil Run over the period 2015 – 2020:
20 015 tests done; 572 abnormalities detected, potentially helping to save 572 lives!
- 2015 / 16: 3 954 tests done; 120 abnormalities detected
- 2016 / 17: 7 924 tests done; 135 abnormalities detected
- 2017 / 2018: 1 751 tests done; 85 abnormalities detected
- 2018 / 2019: 4 018 tests done; 191 abnormalities detected
- 2020 / 2021: due to COVID MANVan was not operational
Make an Online Donation
Consider making an online donation to help fund our CANSA Mobile Health Clinic visits to screen men and women in remote communities…