Webinar Tobacco Control Conversations – Quit Stalling
As part of CANSA’s advocacy efforts related to the Tobacco Control Bill and protecting South Africans from tobacco harm, you can join a webinar next week Tuesday 11 May at 15:00 hosted by #ProtectourNext of which CANSA is a major partner.
CANSA’s National Manager : Health Promotion, Lorraine Govender is part of the presenting panel.
The Tobacco Control Bill is set to introduce measures that will better protect both smokers and non-smokers. We hear from the experts on tobacco’s health impacts and discuss what South Africa will look like once these measures are implemented. As we continue to wait for the legislation to be passed, what rights do we have, and how can citizens, organisations and even cities start taking proactive measures to protect people from tobacco harm?
- CHAIR: Lorraine Govender, National Advocacy Co-Ordinator, CANSA
- CHAIR: Professor Pamela Naidoo, CEO, The Heart and Stroke Foundation of South Africa
- Dr. Yussuf Salojee, Acting Executive Director, National Council Against Smoking (NCAS)
- Dr. Sharon Nyatsanza, Project and Communications Manager, National Council Against Smoking (NCAS)
- Zanele Mthembu, Public Health Policy and Development Consultant
- Prof Anthony Westwood, University of Cape Town, Department of Child and Adolescent Health
This webinar is part of a series of Tobacco Control Conversations on key issues during May and June 2021.