CANSA TLC Milestones 2022 / 2023:
We are thrilled to have supported 7 847 diagnosed children / teens and their loved ones, assisting them with:
- counselling sessions (including face-to-face / WhatsApp support groups / CANSA Tele Counselling / Facebook Support Group: CANSA TLC – Childhood Cancer Support for parents / loved ones)
- food parcels and care packs
- prostheses (artificial eyes – we supply various paediatric oncology wards across the country based on paediatric oncologist requests)
- ports and broviacs to minimise trauma when treatment is administered (we supply various paediatric oncology wards across the country based on paediatric oncologist requests)
- palliative care management including guide for parents on children’s pain management
- terminal counselling
- bereavement management
- educational support to paediatric patients and creative activities / play therapy
CANSA TLC launched a support programme aimed specifically at the needs of adolescent / young adult cancer patients of 13 to 25 years of age at a Webinar held on 9 February 2023 “Interventions for Adolescents and Young Adults Living with Cancer by CANSA TLC”.
Accommodation at Treatment Centres
Over 610 paediatric patients and their parents / guardians were provided accommodation at CANSA TLC facilities near treatment centres.
Community Education / Awareness
We have educated 11 817 members of local communities regarding childhood / teen cancer and the symptoms to look out for, to improve chances of an early diagnosis, resulting in better treatment outcomes.
Information Childhood / Teen Cancer and Free Online Resources
Find out more information about CANSA TLC services, childhood cancer and free online resources to help parents / loved ones and paediatric cancer patients cope with a diagnosis.
For more information contact Anina Meiring email@example.com