New Volunteer Applications
Dear Potential Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for CANSA. We’re always excited to welcome new volunteers into the CANSA family!
With the incidence of cancer rising in our country, the demand for our services is far greater than our hardworking staff team can manage. Our volunteers are therefore the backbone and lifeblood of our organisation, carrying out invaluable work in all aspects of our programme.
To help us identify where your knowledge and skills can best be utilised, please complete the online form below. Once your application has been received and assessed, our Volunteer Manager will contact you to discuss the way forward.
Please note that due to COVID-19, some of our volunteer opportunities have had to be scaled down or put on hold. This means that we might not be able to place every person who applies to volunteer.
- CANSA volunteers are not paid
- CANSA volunteers do receive training relevant to the area they wish to become involved in
- Preference will be given to Volunteers with a valid driver’s license and their own transport
Watch our video
We Need Your Skills
CANSA Needs Volunteers to Help With:
- education: conducting educational programmes; development of educational / training material / resources; Toktokkie or youth outreach;
- care & support: Help those affected by cancer to cope more effectively through physical care of patients in their homes; emotional support to patients, loved ones or caregivers (counselling / support groups); practical assistance to patients (provision of assistive devices and equipment, transport, shopping); practical assistance at oncology clinics or day care centres
- fundraising: Assist us with the planning, execution and wrap-up of our fundraising projects; become involved in our national fundraising projects, CANSA Shavathon; CANSA Relay For Life; Cuppa For CANSA; and CANSA Active.
- admin: Make our load a little lighter by answering the telephone, taking messages, doing administrative / office work at our CANSA Care Centres
- research: projects (data collection)
- advocacy: work with legislators
- marketing: projects; public speaking & media liaison
- recruitment: recruitment and training of volunteers
- training: volunteer your professional skills and training free of charge to patients / staff / volunteers