New Volunteer Applications
Dear Potential Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for CANSA. We’re always excited to welcome new volunteers into the CANSA family!
With the incidence of cancer rising in our country, the demand for our services is far greater than our hardworking staff team can manage. Our volunteers are therefore the backbone and lifeblood of our organisation, carrying out invaluable work in all aspects of our programme.
To help us identify where your knowledge and skills can best be utilised, please complete the online form below. Once your application has been received and assessed, our Volunteer Manager will contact you to discuss the way forward.
Please note that due to COVID-19, some of our volunteer opportunities have had to be scaled down or put on hold. This means that we might not be able to place every person who applies to volunteer.
- CANSA volunteers are not paid
- CANSA volunteers do receive training relevant to the area they wish to become involved in
- Preference will be given to Volunteers with a valid driver’s license and their own transport
CANSA Needs Volunteers to Help With:
- support groups: emotional support to patients, loved ones or caregivers (counselling / support groups)
- care & support: help those affected by cancer to cope more effectively through physical care of patients in their homes; practical assistance to patients (provision of assistive devices and equipment, transport, shopping); practical assistance at oncology clinics or day care centres
- education: conducting educational programmes; development of educational / training material / resources; Toktokkie or youth outreach;
- research: projects (data collection)
- marketing: projects; public speaking & media liaison
- recruitment: recruitment and training of volunteers
- training: volunteer your professional skills and training free of charge to patients / staff / volunteers
FAQ’s – CANSA Volunteers
- Read questions frequently asked by prospective volunteers…
- Top 10 Benefits of Becoming a Volunteer…