Cancer Myths – Get the Facts on World Cancer Day – 4 Feb 2013
Cancer – Did you know?
There are many myths regarding cancer out there and many lead to false hope. On World Cancer Day (WCD), 4th February 2013, get the facts about cancer myths:
- Read CANSA’s WCD press release: English | Afrikaans
- CANSA hands over supporting document to ban sunbeds u/18’s as part of raising awareness this WCD – read more…
- Download Infographics re CANSA’s Cancer Reality Check & How to Reduce Your Cancer Risk: English | Afrikaans
- Download “CANSA on Common Myths” document: English | Afrikaans
- Read CANSA’s World Cancer Day eNewsletter…
Download the UICC’s World Cancer Day 2013 Material:
- Cancer Myth 1 – “Cancer is just a Health Issue”
- Cancer Myth 2 – “Cancer is a Disease of the Wealthy, Elderly & Developed Countries”
- Cancer Myth 3 – “Cancer is a Death Sentence”
- Cancer Myth 4 – “Cancer is my Fate”
From Carrina Niemand via Facebook:
WORLD CANCER DAY: Have had a moment of silence for every single survivor, care giver, supporter, family member and those who have lost their battle to cancer! May you know the battles you fight are never in vein… We honour your lives and your time!! So many are affected with this catastrophic disease – more than 60% of our family circle and circle of friends and colleagues are affected…. All we can do is hold your hands, tell you we love you and will never ever turn our backs on this disease – we will always continue the fight.. Long after your battle is lost we will continue to fight for a cure!! We love you and miss you POPS! For you I will NEVER give up!!