Special Personal Information
We may collect ‘special personal information’ which is a subset of personal information under the POPIA. Special personal information could include information about your health due to the nature of service that CANSA provides.
We routinely use your personal information:
- To communicate and manage our relationship with you;
- To provide you with services;
- To manage security and access control to our buildings and facilities; and
- For record keeping and other administrative purposes, as required by law.
We will not provide your personal information to anyone else unless you consent thereto or one of the following exceptions applies:
- You would reasonably expect us to use the information for that purpose;
- The information is used only for historical, statistical or research purposes and is not published in an identifiable form.
Unless we have your clear informed consent or the law clearly allows us in certain limited circumstances, CANSA will not share your personal information with third parties in circumstances other than the ones we have referred to above.
You may access personal information we hold about you and ask us to correct or delete any that is wrong, irrelevant, out of date or misleading. Please see more information and procedures here.