CANSA at the International Kidney Cancer Coalition conference – April 2014
The International Kidney Cancer Coalition 4th Conference for organisations representing patients with kidney cancer, was held in Amsterdam, Netherlands on 3/4/5 April 2014.
CANSA was honoured to have Prof Michael Herbst, CANSA’s Head of Health participating as one of the speakers. He shared CANSA’s experience on Volunteer Management and gave presentations on Patient Information/Support in Developing Countries as well as Caregiver Support: “Who Cares for the Carer?”.
The conference brought together leaders from patient organisations with various perspectives from around the world to share best practices, exchange experiences, and work toward global solutions for kidney cancer patients.
The main goals of the conference were:
- Support patient advocates in developing new knowledge and skills about the diagnosis, treatment and management of kidney cancer.
- Identify common needs, problems, and challenges in kidney cancer.
- Share ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance the work of kidney cancer patient advocates.
IKCC past conferences: Previous 3 conferences have seen patient advocacy group leaders and healthcare professionals from over 22 countries spanning 6 continents, come together to exchange ideas, hear the latest developments in the treatment of kidney cancer and share current ways to support kidney cancer patients wherever they live. Delegates agreed that working together and exchanging ideas was the most effective way to improve support for kidney cancer patients in their respective countries.
Read more about:
- Kidney cancer on our Types of Cancer page.
- Living a Balanced Lifestyle to reduce your cancer risk.
- CANSA’s Holistic Care and Support