Products that offer protection against natural environmental elements that may lead to cancer, such as solar radiation, contaminated water, and air pollution may apply to bear the CANSA Smart Choice Seal.
These products include but are not limited to sunscreens, UV-protective garments & apparel, sunglasses, shade items, and solar, and other radiation warning devices.
Smoking Cessation Programme:
- Allen Carr’s Easy Way – South Africa (smoking cessation programme)
- AMKA Products (Pty) Ltd – products: Everysun & Tropitone
- Avid Brands S.A (Pty) Ltd – products: Lipsano
- B2N Essentials (Pty) Ltd trading as Back2Nature – product: Active/Surf Zinc sun shield
- Beiersdorf Consumer Products (Pty) Ltd – products: Nivea **
- Bio Earth Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd – products: Bio Earth | Eezysun | Sunprotect – Clicks
- Burnshield (Pty) Ltd – products: Solace Sunscreen
- Canway (IQ Laboratories) – products: IQ Sun Care – Clicks & Dischem
- CF Products S.A (Pty) Ltd – product: CF suncare
- Creighton Products (Pty) Ltd – products: Equate – Massmart | Island Tribe – Adcock Ingram | Renew Sun – Shoprite / Checkers | Sun Doctor – Mr Price | Sunprotect – Clicks | Sun Shield – Jonsson Workwear | Sun Sure – Pick ‘n Pay
- DRA Pharmaceuticals – products: Skinscripts skin protect sunscreen
- Mint Edge Trading (Pty) Ltd – products: Solis Care Sunscreens
- Nunuki for little humans – product: Baby sunscreen
- Ocean Freedom – products: sunscreens – media release
- Oh Lief Manufacturing Pty (Ltd) – products: Oh Lief Natural Sunscreen
- RG Cosmetics (Pty) Ltd – product: Inuka Suncare SPF 40
- Root4 (Pty) Ltd – product: 3D Defense Mineral SPF50 Sunscreen – media release
- Shield Chemicals (Pty) Ltd – products: Sola – Spar | SunLab – Dischem | Sunprotect – Clicks
- SLNKO (Pty) Ltd – products: sunscreens
- Sun Syndicate (Pty) Ltd – product: Sol Ritual Mineral Matte Sunscreen SPF 50
- Technikon Laboratories (Pty) Ltd – products: Techniblock Sunscreen
The list of partners was updated in June 2023.
** CANSA approves Nivea sunscreen, however, our SunSmart Seal will not appear on their sunscreen as their product containers/packaging are printed in Basel in Germany – South Africa represents less than 1 % of their annual sunscreen turnover and so it does not warrant printing a separate range with the CANSA Seal, just for South Africa. Nivea sunscreen is also packaged and wrapped on pallets in Basel, from where it is sent directly to the various retail distribution centres in South Africa, which dis-allows the local branch even to apply CANSA stickers. However, Nivea applies the CANSA SunSmart Choice Seal to their promotion material.
UV-Protective Garments & Apparel
Look out for CANSA’s swing tags (below) & SunSmart Choice logo (top right) on clothing, hats & summer fun accessories.
UV-Protective Garments & Apparel Partners:
- Beaches Clothing (Pty) Ltd – products: Kids swimwear/UV suits for Woolworths, Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Edgars & Sportsmans Warehouse
- Cinnamon Designs – products: Sun hats for ladies
- Franz Falke Textiles (Pty) Ltd trading as Falke Hosiery – product: Protective Arm Sleeves
- Fig Distribution (Pty) Ltd – products: label brands include Emthunzini Hats, House of Ord – Cape Town, and 360FIVE Everyday
- Freya Hats – products: Sunhats – media release
- Headmasters (Pty) Ltd – products: K-Way Cape Union Mart Sun Hats
- Jacques Hau (Pty) Ltd – products: Woolworths school wear – swimsuits & vests
- Jakop (Pty) Ltd – products: Turbans
- Just Jump – products: Sun Hats
- Marrow Skulls (Pty) Ltd – products: Sun protection sleeves
- Moosel Hats & Outdoor Play (Pty) Ltd – products: Kids & Ladies Sun Hats
- Republic Umbrella Manufacturers (Pty) Ltd – products: Beach Umbrellas
- The Hat Factory (Pty) Ltd – products: Sun Hats
- Urban Supply – products: Sunhats
The list of partners was updated in July 2023.
Alice Victor (CANSA Seal of Recognition Administrator)
Tel: 011 616 7662
Kudzai Nyaruve (CANSA Seal of Recognition Coordinator)
Tel: 011 616 7662